The following describes the Fellowship selection process for incoming students, entering in Fall 2013.
Recipients are selected from the incoming class based on:
- academic performance,
- demonstrated leadership qualities
- involvement in extracurricular or volunteer activities, and
- enthusiasm for the opportunities that the Fellowship Program has to offer and commitment to participating in those opportunities.
To assess these attributes, the SAF takes into consideration:
- the student’s academic average,
- performance on the Accounting and Financial Management Admissions Assignment (AFMAA),
- the Admissions Information Form (AIF), and
- an interview.
Based on their academic records to date, qualified applicants will be invited to write the Accounting and Financial Management Admissions Assignment (AFMAA). Then based on the score achieved on the AFMAA, their admission average and Admission Information Form (AIF), selected applicants will be admitted to the AFM program. From this group of students, about 40-50 people will be invited to participate in a Fellowship Program interview on campus. No application is required for the Fellowship Program; qualified candidates will be invited to attend the interviews.
2013 Fellowship selection and interviews: The AFM Admissions Committee and the SAF Fellowship Selection Committee will be completing the assessment of all qualified candidates for Fellowship consideration in the first half of May, 2013. Students selected for Fellowship interview will be contacted by phone during the period of May 13 - 16th, 2013.
The 2013 Fellowship Interview date is scheduled for Saturday, May 25, 2013. Students within driving radius are encouraged to come to campus with their families to participate in the interview process. Location and timing will be provided to the students at the time of the phone call. For more directions and a map to the uWaterloo campus please visit: http://uwaterloo.ca/map/
This year the Fellowship Progra Interview Day is the being held in conjunction with You@Waterloo Day being hosted campus wide. See the events listing on http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/ to learn more about You@Waterloo Day.
Interviews will take place on May 25, 2013 at the University of Waterloo in the School of Accounting and Finance building. In some cases, arrangements for a telephone interview may be considered and these will take place on Friday, May 24, 2013.
During the interview day:
- Applicants will begin their day with an introductory chat and refreshments with senior students who are Fellows (30mins).
- Applicants will participate in an interview with a panel comprised of a faculty or staff member, a current Fellowship student and an alumnus.
The Fellowships will be determined on the basis of the interview, performance in the AFMAA, the Admission Information Form (AIF), and their academic record. The interview will be the final deciding factor.
All applicants interviewed will be notified of their status for Fellowship consideration no later than the week of May 27, 2013.
For More Information
If you have any further questions about the Fellowship Program, please contact: